Are you ready to lead and scale the API Platform and SaaS services of an innovative company with a mission to enable companies and vehicle fleet managers to safe fuel, reduce emissions & carbon footprint, and help transition towards ecological accountability?
As the Director of the Software Backend Services, you will oversee the API platform overall strategy, development, and day-to-day operation, powering our VQ Efficiency, VQ Telematics and VQ Safety solutions.
You will be working closely with the stakeholders and your team to translate business goals and product requirements into highly scalable back-end engineering solutions. Our APIs are the fundamental pillar of our solution and infrastructure. We are looking for an exceptional technology and engineering leader with an intense passion for architecture and innovation and a track record of building, leading and aligning teams that deliver results in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment.
What you will be doing
- ● Work with and lead teams to develop and maintain modern scalable API Platforms and SaaS solutions.
- ● Develop and foster technical and talent strategies.
- ● Act as an intrapreneur to impact the way we do business.
- ● Define, implement, and track metrics that give us full visibility into the solutions and performance.
- ● Keep highest customer satisfaction while keeping costs contained.
- ● Make improvements to the deployment process and SDLC to ensure smooth and frequent quality releases.
- ● Mentor and define career paths for your team members.
- ● Translate business cases to technical solutions.
- ● Work and collaborate with managers from all areas in the company.
- ● 7+ years of experience leading and building cross functional engineering teams.
- ● Excellence in
- o Hiring and mentoring leaders across multiple disciplines and domains.
- o Developing and maintaining scalable SaaS solutions and API Platforms.
- o Managing SCRUM driven SDLC.
Extra bonus for strong experience with
- ● .NET Core
- ● Azure, GCP
- ● Android, iOS
- ● IoT Core, IoT Hub
- ● Git DevOps, and CI/CD systems
What does our team environment look like?
- ● Agile Multi-discipline teams
- ● 2 week sprints
- ● Dedicated product owners, Scrum, and QA members
- ● Build & deploys during most sprints
- ● We communicate largely through Slack, MS Teams, and JIRA
- ● Experienced leaders that will challenge you to grow
- ● Freedom to be creative and develop great software to delight our customers
What we offer
● Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional teams to define and deliver strategic and tactical roadmap planning.● Lead discussions on architectural best practices, advise on cloud best practices and architecture decisions.● Evangelize engineering principles internally and externally.● Be focused on delivery, execution, and tactical engineering approach.● Be on top of the latest and greatest technologies, tools, methodologies, and frameworks for software engineering and engineering management.● Be close to each team architecture and code to provide adequate cross-system solutions to drive our business goals.● Provide hands-on technical Leadership for new deployments and the full software development lifecycle using DevOps methodologies.● In-depth experience in Java, C#, .NET Framework.● Have a good understanding of concepts like concurrency, parallelism, event-driven architecture.● Drive towards an architecture that optimizes flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance, availability, and highly cost-effective.● Experience with Cloud Native architectures and technologies.● Experience designing and implementing microservices and APIs.● Experience architecting, developing, and maintaining cloud-based web services.● Experience building high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques.● Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies.● Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills.● In-depth knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, and caching.● Experience in continuous delivery and integration.● Strong understanding of web security.● Lead discussions on architectural best practices, advise on cloud best practices.● Genuinely excited about building software!
- Competitive salary
- Good health insurance - employee portion is 100% paid for the HDHP
- Low cost to add on family to health insurance plan
- Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D insurances
- 401K with company matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible schedule